Welcome to the Bristol S Gauge Railroaders!
The Bristol S Gauge Railroaders are dedicated to S scale (1/64 scale) model railroading. Formed in 1948, we believe we are the longest running S scale club in America! We are located in Eastern Massachusetts, and also have members in Southern Maine and New Hampshire.
Members are interested in most branches of S scale, including, but not limited to, Scale, Narrow Gauge (Sn3 and Sn2), Hi-Rail, and American Flyer operating and collecting. Our major goals are to learn from each other and have fun doing it.
New Members are Welcome! We are anxious to share the fun of building and operating S scale trains and layouts, as well as collecting trains and models. There is an application to join us here, or if you have any questions about the club, or want to get a message to any member, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2018 NASG Convention
The next meeting will be 12-5 on Saturday, September 9th, 2017, hosted by Tommy Robichaud. This will be the first meeting of the S Gauge year, and is always a great start to the season! Please let Tommy know if you will be attending. If you need directions, contact Dick.
Our next show is November November 18-19, Greenberg's Great Train and Toy Show
at the Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington, MA. Setup will be Friday afternoon. Please contact Don Haiges and let him know when you will be able to help.
A couple of friends from the Pioneer Valley S Gaugers, Steve Allen and George Reneris, dropped by the CGLR for an operating session. Tommy Robichaud acted as dispatcher and Helen Lenart and Bill Clark joined Steve and George as engineers. Check out the video above. We all had a great time!
This is a video of the Bristol Club layout at the 1997 East Springfield Train Show. Bill Boucher brought his scratch built circus train to run on our layout. Video of his circus train starts at 2:06.
May Meeting at Dale's & Dawn's
The May meeting was at Dawn and Dale's home. As always, the hospitality was great especially the food! Thanks, Dawn and Dale!
Photos from Club Members!
Photographs are one of the best ways to bring us together, and to liven up our web site! I'm always happy to post pictures if you send them to me, email@example.com. In addition, all club members have the ability to post pictures directly into member albums.
Here's how to do it:
1. Login to website (Only members can post pictures).
2. Click the down arrow next to your name (at the top of the Home page), select Profile.
3. Click Photo Albums under Website.
4. On the Photo Album Manager page, click Add Photo Album.
5. Fill out Album name, select availability, add description if desired. Click Save.
6. Click the pencil icon.
7. Click Add Multiple Photos (other options are explained, but this is the most useful).
8. Click Select Files to browse for photos on your PC.
9. Add titles, photographer, data taken if desired. Click Save.
And your album should be there. Give it a try, see what you think.
Photos will display at a maximum of 1024 pixels. You can upload them at full size, however, and the viewer will be able to download the high resolution original. There is no need to reduce the size of your photos, bigger is better!
Our club is pretty spread out geographically, and pictures are a great way to keep us close and in touch. Also, the pictures don't have to be current. Historical pictures of meetings, members, S gauge/scale friends, etc are welcome!
Contact me if you have any issues or questions.
This is our New Website!
We have decided to move our website to a company that specializes in supporting clubs. The reason we made the move now is that it will be a major help in registering attendees for the NASG National Convention in 2018. But there are several other reasons why this is a good move for the club:
1. Several people will be able to update sections of the website. Officers can post information to their specific areas. Jim will be able to post to the archives. This will help keep the site up to date, as well as easing the transition when I can no longer do the website.
2. Any member can post pictures! We can have an unlimited number of photo albums, and anyone can create them!
3. Dues can be collected on-line.
4. The package includes social networking, which may interest us in the future.
5. There are built-in financial reports for any money collected through the web.
6. Knowledge of HTML coding not required to update and maintain the sight.
7. Automatic backups.
8. Professional security. We will be able to post information that can only be seen by the members.
It will take a while to move over all the useful information from the old site, so it will stay active for a while. I will no longer be updating it, however, so please check this site for meeting information and anything current.
You will need an account and password to get into the member only section of this site. If you don't have one, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.